Pages

the tiniest of updates for the longest of absences

Saturday 8 July 2017

Uh, hey. I'm still around. It turns out that living in a new city means you're stupid busy.

So let's have an update, shall we?


I've been here nearly four months! It's insane to me to think it's so long and yet so short, because being in Sydney feels so normal now. I miss the mountains every day, but the ground beneath my feet has started to feel less foreign and more like home when I walk on it.

I got jobs through a temp agency as a receptionist, and I'm on contract at a lovely place until the end of July (hopefully until I leave for Europe, depending on when they hire my permanent replacement). The office is a bit of a state of shambles, but I'm getting by and people seem to appreciate the work I'm doing, so who knows. I find it really strange to say this, but I sort of miss the unpredictability of shift work and not only working just for Friday-Sunday. I guess you always want what you don't have!

Another weird thing that happened is that I auditioned for a musical and got a lead role?

like that's my name with the accent and everything? ????????

We're a month away from the performance and I'm still a bit confused as to how I got cast in such a talented ensemble of performers. It's been really lovely to actually get back onstage again and sort of rediscover my voice. Idk I have a lot of emotions about this and I'll probably write something more in depth later but suffice to say it has been making my heart happy this last little while.

I had a Canada Day party in Australia! And it was glorious! It made me really homesick but at the same time it made me so happy to know I can kind of have Canada with me wherever I go--someone even brought me Clamato juice, so I definitely need to make some Caesars in the next little while.

I know you were all probably expecting a bigger update but honestly, I've just been working 9-5, going to rehearsals, and then going out on the weekends. It's 'winter' here right now, so people aren't very into going outside, which means excursions are of the indoor variety at the moment. I'm more of a spontaneous insta/snapchat updater, really, so if you haven't followed me on there yet please feel free to, they're both @celinagabrielle.

I promise I'll update more this month! I finally have a routine, and I seem to have (hopefully) kicked this really bad cold's ass, so I will have more energy when I get home from work. And then I'm off to Europe for three weeks! I can hardly believe that's only 50 days away now!

à bientôt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS