Pages

Goodbye, Squamish; Hello, Vancouver!

Wednesday 15 March 2017

I dunno if you guys know this, but I've been living in Squamish for the last ten or so months trying to save up money for this trip. And in the mean time, I got to do things like:
  • Watch people rock climb (since I wasn't allowed to because of physio).
  • Wake up and look at the mountains every morning (and then annoy everyone because every day I would be like 'omg look at how beautiful the mountains are!!! look at Atwell!!!!' and they'd be like 'cĂ©lina we know we live here we see them every day')

A post shared by CĂ©lina (@celinagabrielle) on

  • Hang out with more toddlers and babies than I ever thought I would in a lifetime (and actually get pretty confident with holding and entertaining them)



  • Actually walk less than I did in Vancouver (but I biked more!)
But, most importantly, I got to spend every day with my niece and my sister and brother-in-law. I hope that when Charlotte is older she can understand how much I've truly loved and cherished our time together, but for now I'll just have to settle with thanking her mom for giving me the chance to do it.

All in all, it was an eye-opening ten months to be living here. My entire style of life changed and I had to really force myself to slow down. 

But, gosh, is it ever beautiful here. 


A post shared by CĂ©lina (@celinagabrielle) on



Ultimately I learned that I'd rather climb skyscrapers than mountains, but living in Canada's Adventure Capital (tm) has been one of the greatest experiences of my life; I actually wouldn't trade it for the world. It was nice to actually live in a small town (albeit one connected to a big city) and have a trial run to see if I could ever live in one.

Spoiler alert: it's a no from me. 

So back to Vancouver I go for my last week in Canada for a year! I can't believe that I spent so much time wishing to be back in a city and soon I'll be living in one again! It seems like the most bonkers thing in the world.

Also, I got back to Vancouver and immediately got my nose pierced, so I'm pretty serious about this whole city life thing.

Now that I've landed back in my apartment in Vancouver, I have a few small things to run around and do, but not much:
  1. I have to get bank drafts for my bank account in Australia, and get some AUD for when I first land!
  2. I have to go and sort out my last Canadian cell phone bill.
  3. I need a new watch battery, which is surprisingly hard to find for my watch. 
And that's it! It's only one week until I get on a plane and do the scariest thing I've ever done in my life. I can't wait!

CĂ©lina

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS