Pages

On sisters and happiness and knowing I can always come home.

Sunday 19 March 2017

So, it's here.


Yesterday I had my 'going away' party-- it seems strange to me that I won't be in Vancouver for a year in a few days.


My mother and her friend worked tirelessly to make it wonderful and memorable and it was everything I could have ever hoped for. My mother has always been (and will always be) willing to go to the ends of the earth for me, and it's something I hope I can practise and pass on to the people I love.


A post shared by Célina (@celinagabrielle) on

Everyone who showed up to tell me they were going to miss me made me feel so loved I felt like I could burst. The last year was strange and weird, but I felt like I grew a lot as a person, and maybe I might be an adult by the time I'm thirty.

Absolutely no promises.

But I feel like... I need to let everyone know, before I leave, that none of this would have happened without my sister, who believed in me so hard that she moved me into her house and let me live there, rent-free. And fed me her food. That she cooked (my sister is an amazing cook, by the way).

In return? All I had to do was watch my niece for her while she was at work. Yeah, this little munchkin:

wow what a hard job right. 

And then, on top of that, she became my sounding board while we lived together. Every anxiety, every determination, every question I had, she was right behind me guiding me. I mean, don't get me wrong, there were times when I thought we might murder each other, but I'm pretty comfortable in saying that this made me a million times closer to her than I've ever been (and also a million times more certain I'm really not a small town girl).

I don't think I could ever repay her for the things she has done for me, but I guess I wanted to tell everyone about it before I go, because if I'm flying right now, it's only because she gave me her wings.




So yeah, while everyone is wishing me luck or telling me all of my hard work paid off, I just wanted to remind you all that there's an extra special woman standing behind me always, and she's the reason most days I feel like I can go anywhere I want in the world.

Because I know that I can always come home, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS